- POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN DISEASE (PCOD) or POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME (PCOS) is a disease characterized by multiple (poly) cysts (small sacks filled with fluid) in the ovaries
- HIRSUTISM (excessive hair growth on the face, chest, back)
- CENTRAL OBESITY (weight gain and difficulty in losing weight)
- ACNE, OILY SKIN, DANDRUFF
- MALE PATTERN BALDNESS
- AMENORRHOEA or OLIGOMENORRHOEA
- RAISED SERUM CONCENTRATION OF TESTOSTERONE AND OR LH
- IN PCOS, the associated metabolic abnormalities (abnormal serum lipid concentrations and insulin resistance) also put women at an increased risk of developing DIABETES MELLITUS
- ANOVULATORY INFERTILITY
- MOOD SWINGS AND DEPRESSION
- THINNING OF HAIRS
- HIGH CHOLESTEROL
- HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
- ENDOCRINE TESTS
- IMAGING THE OVARIES
- COMBINATION OF WEIGHT LOSS AND EXERCISE MAY STIMULATE OVULATION
HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT-There arenot any specific homeopathic remedies that are designed for the treatment of PCOS. However,there are homeopathic treatments that may help a woman with PCOS .The most common form of homeopathic treatments that address the general well being of the person.
One of the Homeopathic treatments for PCOS is NAT -MUR. NAT-MUR isprescribed for a variety of symptoms such as eczema,vertigo,oralthrushand premenstrualtension
Another treatment is LYCOPODIUM. LYCO is used for vomiting ,indigestion,bloating,constipation,anxiety and insomnia.
SEPIA is also sometimes used. SEPIA is generally used for a variety of female difficulties that centre around the uterus ,vagina,or ovaries.
LACHESIS ,is also used in PCOS.lachesis is used for blood poisoning,circulation difficulties with menstruation,menopause,tonsillitis and uterine problems.
OOPHORINUM is found to be useful in certain patients.